My Prayer Corner

My Prayer Corner
its not a shrine...just a reminder for prayer

About Me

Pittsburgh, PA, United States

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Vacation, Day 3

After picking up my Fondriest bike at Velo Pasadena, I then headed out to discover all there is to know about Griffith Park, "nearby" Pasadena. Little did I know that it is the home of the L.A. Zoo, the Observatory, AND the Hollywood sign. Here are some of the sites as I pedaled around Los Angeles County today:

This is part of the San Gabriel Mountain Range that hems in Pasadena. I was going to pedal into the Angeles National Forest until I realized I rented a bike with only a double chain ring. I don't think I would have gotten very far up those hills!





These are some random Palm trees near Occidental College, I just think they are cool looking...very spindly.









This is a random house in Glendale. I was biking along when all of a sudden I heard a huge racket. Turns out alllllll the pigeons in the county like to hang out on this persons' poor roof. I could not figure out one reason why they chose this roof and not the ones next door.



I eventually breached the wall of freeways separating me and Griffith Park. Unfortunately, I did not know that there had been a huge forest fire (94 acres) only a month ago. All the mountain tops were closed off in order to avoid citizens getting cancer from the chemicals that had been sprayed. While I appreciate that...I had really been looking forward to climbing up to "Dante's View" on Mt. Hollywood. Instead, I moseyed on over into Hollywood where I finally saw the icon with my own eyes.

Here is a picture of me with the Hollywood sign...well, its there behind my big head. :) All in all, it was a lovely ride which I finished off at Bees Knees Bakery with a lemon cheese pillow and a Diet Coke (hit the spot!) And then I proceeded "home" for a long bath, after which I realized that I had completely forgotten to pick up my car. Geesh. (blondes on vacation!)

Tomorrow's adventures will hopefully take me out to Long Beach.

No comments: