My Prayer Corner

My Prayer Corner
its not a shrine...just a reminder for prayer

About Me

Pittsburgh, PA, United States

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Back to Work...ha ha ha

So, I hesitate to even share these pictures, lest you all think that I don't actually work for a living. Let's just say that this place is just one of the few perks of fulltime campus ministry. :)

This is the sight that welcomes one to the Avalon port on Catalina Island off the coast of California. During our hour+ high speed ferry across the Pacific on the Catalina Express, we were joined by a school of dolphins and greeted by some playful seals as well. While I waited for my ride to Campus by the Sea, I was able to watch the large bright orange Garabaldi fish play in the algae by the shore.

One can only arrive at InterVarsity's Campus by the Sea by boat, there are no roads that lead to our little hideaway. If so motivated, one can hike the 5 miles into Avalon. I love Cedar Campus where I spend much of my year, but it was a unique experience to be entertained by the seals on my journey. They put on quite the show and then stayed to play in the swimming area. This picture is of the CBS beach taken from one of the mountain hikes.




OK, OK -- I SWEAR that I was working. I went to CBS in order to interview some members of the Southern California staff team on "what makes MultiEthnic teams successful?" I had some great conversations with folks and loved meeting more members of the family that I hadn't met before.



And, lastly, here is where I spent many interview hours. I honestly didn't have a lot of free time and I only got to sea kayak for about 15 minutes one day. But I did enjoy sitting on the deck chairs and soaking in the sun.

It was a wonderful work trip and a great 6 days of vacation.

NEXT UP: Idlewild with the Wild Childs. :)

No comments: