My Prayer Corner

My Prayer Corner
its not a shrine...just a reminder for prayer

About Me

Pittsburgh, PA, United States

Monday, January 15, 2007

Day 8, Every Day is Saturday

I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday. The day for sleeping in, baby snuggling, pancakes, and random home projects. I'm sure the grey and rainy weather had something to do with staying tucked into my warm blankets for long past the alarm clock as well. It took me a while to remember that it is Monday.

But I've realized that on sabbatical...every day is Saturday. Of course, I got a bit caught up in tying loose ends for work and volunteering for church this week...and soon I should consider doing some research and writing. But, for the time being I can relax and enjoy a day without a schedule or to do list.

One of my goals is to not have to do lists. I can't escape that entirely, since lists are like my "pensieve" (like in Harry Potter how Professor Dumbledore takes thoughts out of his mind so that he can mull them over more objectively and doesn't have to hold all his thoughts in his brain?).

That's what my journal is for as well. The more I sleep and relax, the more I realize how tired I am on the inside and how difficult it is for me to relax. Hopefully by the end of this I will be known as "relaxy" Chloe. (sorry, watching tooooo much Buffy the Vampire Slayer!)

1 comment:

KaraJane said...

Whatever. There is no such thing as too much Buffy! Today I am praying that you would be able to let go of all the "todos" and find the outside layers falling away so that you can be you and rested too. Love you.