My Prayer Corner

My Prayer Corner
its not a shrine...just a reminder for prayer

About Me

Pittsburgh, PA, United States

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Turkey-Swiss Stromboli

I haven't done as much baking as I would like to recently, but I love to try out new recipes and discover new things to enjoy. But, so far I've just been trying to "cook the cupboards" which has resulted in some creative muffins... Its amazing how much unnecessary food I have stored up in this place!

But, as I was reading through some old magazines (another little sabbatical "project") I came across this one. I think it has some potential. It took me approximately 5 minutes to put together.

(from Fitness magazine)
Turkey-Swiss Stromboli

1/2 lb. frozen pizza dough, thawed (I made wheat pizza dough in a breadmaker)
1 tbs. spicy brown mustard
4 oz. sliced reduced-fat Swiss cheese
6 large leaves Swiss chard, tough stalks removed
8 oz. sliced turkey breast
1 egg, beaten

Heat oven to 425F. Coat a nonstick baking sheet with butter-flavored cooking spray. Unroll dough and shape gently into a 6x12" rectangle on top of the prepared baking sheet. Spread mustard over entire surface, then layer with cheese, Swiss chard and turkey. Fold over length-wise and seal edges. Lightly brush dough with egg. Bake 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes. Makes 5 servings. Enjoy!

per serving: 232 calories, 21 g. protein, 23 g carbs, 7 g fat, 1 g fiber.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

YUM! I'm definitely going to try this! I love a good new recipe!! I hope you're doing well!! Love checking in on you and praying that God is blessing you in everyday moments.