My Prayer Corner

My Prayer Corner
its not a shrine...just a reminder for prayer

About Me

Pittsburgh, PA, United States

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Time Flies, the 9 week countdown

Sigh. Time flies when one is having fun. And, despite emotional, medical, and familial difficulties -- it has been a real gift to have this time. When else would I be able to scrapbook my whole life, or watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Smallville, Lois & Clark, AND Bones TV on DVD? When else will I get a chance to read so much theology AND novels? Or go to the Symphony? Or to clean my closets? Or to take 3 naps in one day? Or to travel to Alberta, TX, CA, MN and Egypt in a six month time span? Every moment has been a grace from God.

Starting tomorrow, not only do I reach an emotional milestone (first hand therapy appointment) but I also reach the 2/3 marker for sabbatical.

To celebrate, I ran the Race for the Cure with my housemate, Yvonne and our friend Cynthia. Our time was outstanding (so outstanding that I shouldn't brag) ha ha ha. We have been saying that we ran a 5K in less than our age per minute. You do the math.

Then we enjoyed an amazing breakfast at one of my favorite coffee shops in Pittsburgh, the Coca Cafe. Savory, sweet, funky, and artistic. can't be beat. Definitely add it to your "must check out" list if you haven't been. Breakfast is delish.

Also, don't forget that National "auntie" day is this Wednesday. Marie decided this today. And, as far as I'm concerned, since there is a National "Clean Up Your Room" Day (or as we say in Pittsburgh "Redd up"), Marie should hold the power to declare a national holiday on my behalf.

I will be celebrating by tickling the girls and blowing bubbles in the back yard. :)

No comments: