My Prayer Corner

My Prayer Corner
its not a shrine...just a reminder for prayer

About Me

Pittsburgh, PA, United States

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Time to Vote...on Chloe's hair...

OK -- So, I have been saying for years that I want to dye my hair blue. By "blue" I mean midnight blue. Perhaps not my whole head...but some part of it. My fear is that I will look like a Muppet...no disrespect to Jim Henson intended...or that I will need to shave my head to stop looking ridiculous. So, I've decided that if 10 or more people vote for me to change my hair by May 30th...I will.

So, place your ballots via "comments": (choose all that apply)

A. Chloe, do not change your hair -- it is gorgeous the way it is.
B. Chloe, please dye your hair blue:
b1: In a "peek-a-boo" style (the underside of my hair -- top layer still will be blonde)
b2: In highlights.
b3: Other ____________________
C. I have a much better idea and it is _________________________.
D. I would love to dye your hair for you and take the blame for messing up your social and professional life upon myself.

:)

I hope you were all able to make it out to the primaries this week. If not, here is your second chance to participate in good ol' American Democracy. :)

4 comments:

Erica C said...

All blue. As the archis J&J used to say "you only live once." Then again, they were architecture students at CMU. Crazy.

joyful said...

If you have wanted all blue, go for it. You could also go for something semi-washable, like kool-aid, if they had the right color you wanted. Be aware, though, that kool-aid is more permanent in blond hair than darker hair. I had orange in the tips of my hair for weeks, and that one was supposed to be only for one day...

Jon Daley said...

Blue sounds pretty odd to me, but maybe you are going for the old lady look. :)

Unknown said...

I think the peek-a-boo style sounds good. Although when I got my hair done, my stylist told me that you have to be careful with blue because when it starts to come out it might look a dirty green color. And blue is harder to color over than other colors if you don't like it or are tired of it. I was able to color over my purple really easily when I got tired of it. But if you want to try blue, I say go for it. I think it will be cute. It's not the end of the world if you don't like it. You can always color it an entirely different color! :-) If you do go for it, you need to convince Mike to do something with his hair. He needs to cover some gray anyway! I think it would be awesome if he showed up to class in the fall with some totally crazy color.